5 Hershey’s Chocolate Recipes to Try on World Chocolate Day
Chandigarh (Gurpreet) From Dalgona coffee to chocolate cake and chocolate cookies, the lockdown has been the reason for sweet cravings if nothing else! Who doesn't love chocolates, it is an indulgence which can lift your mood instantly! On the occasion of World Chocolate Day while we are all at home quarantined with our families why not celebrate our love for chocolate with some delicious Hershey’s recipes?
1) Gingerbread mug cake
· Refined flour – 1cup
· HERSHEY’S Cocoa Powder – ½ cup
· Sugar – ¼ cup
· HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavoured Syrup – 100ml
· Melted butter- ½ cup
· Flaxseed powder – 1tbsp
· Yogurt – 2 ½ tbsp
· Baking soda – ½ tsp
· Baking powder – ½ tsp
· Gingerbread spice powder (anise, mace, ginger, clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon in equal quantities) – 1tsp
· Milk- ¼ cup
· Add refined flour, cocoa powder, and sugar in a bowl.
· Also add butter, HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavoured Syrup, flaxseed powder and yogurt.
· Mix all ingredients well.
· Now add gingerbread spice powder, baking powder and baking soda and mix thoroughly.
· Take 4 large mugs and fill half the mug (to stop it from overflowing in the microwave) with the prepared batter
· Center the mugs in the middle of the microwave and cook on high temperature for 90 seconds or until it has stopped rising and is firm to touch. Don’t forget to watch it rise as it cooks!
· Remove and serve warm
Note – you can use any flavor of Hershey’s syrup.
2) Choco Kalakand
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
· 650 ml of milk
· 40gms soaked rice, crushed
· 250 ml HERSHEY'S Chocolate Flavoured Syrup
· 1 tsp Cardamom powder
· 2 tsp pistachios, sliced (blanched & skinned)
· 100 g Kalakand
● Heat milk on low flame in a heavy bottom broad pan & heat till it reduces to half, keep stirring at intervals so that the lumps are not formed
● As the milk reduces, pour in the rice paste and stir continuously. Do not let the paste stick to the bottom of the pan.
● As the mixture starts to thicken, pour in HERSHEY'S Chocolate Flavoured Syrup and mix.
● Once the mixture has thickened & reaches coating consistency, add cardamom powder & mix thoroughly, cook further for 2-3 minutes more.
● Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool for a while.
● Pour in individual serving bowls & garnish with pistachio slices & crumbled kalakand
3) JoCo phirni
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 mins
· ½ cup Sorghum (Jowar), roasted and ground coarsely
· 1¼ liter Full Cream Milk
· ½ cup Hershey’s Chocolate flavoured syrup
· 1 tsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
· 4-5 nos Cardamom, crushed
· 1 tsp Dried rose petals, for garnish
• In a pan, roast the jowar with clarified butter till it is dry and coarsely ground it.
• In a wide thick bottomed sauce pan, add the ground jowar and milk. Bring to a boil and later cook on a low heat until jowar cooks. The milk would start thickening
• Keep stirring continuously, add Hershey’s chocolate flavored syrup and stir together
• Add in the crushed cardamoms
• Now remove from heat and let it cool down a little
• For serving, pour little chocolate flavored syrup in a small clamp jar and add the cooked phirni till top. Garnish with dried rose petals
• Set in the fridge for 2-3 hours and serve chilled
4) No Bake Brownie
Preparation Time: 20mins (2hrs setting time)
Cooking Time: 10mins
· 1 Cup Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
· ½ Cup Oats
· For Mixing
· ½ Cup Hershey’s Cocoa Powder
· 8 Medjool Dates, de-seeded & chopped
· ¼ Cup Cashew nuts, chopped
· ¼ Cup Oats
· 2 tbsp Hershey’s Chocolate Spread
· Heat a pan on medium-low flame. Add chocolate syrup and let it warm up a little.
· Now add oats and cook till it reaches to a thick doughy consistency. Turn off the flame and let it cool for 5mins
· Take out this mixture in a mixing bowl. To this mixture add all the other ingredients and mix well.
· Line a dish or tray with butter paper and take out the mixture in the dish.
· Spread mixture evenly in the dish and let it set in refrigerator for 1-2hrs.
· Remove the dish from refrigerator and take out the brownie. Cut into squares.
· Drizzle chocolate syrup on top and serve
5) Emoji Idli
Preparation Time: 30min (Fermentation time 5hrs)
Cooking Time: 20mins
· For Idlis
· ¼ Cup Whole White Urad Dal
· ¼ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
· ½ Cup Poha
· 1 Cup Brown Rice or White Rice
· 2 tsp Rock Salt
· 1 cup Rice Flour
· Other Ingredients
· ½ Cup Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
· ¼ Cup Hershey’s Cocoa Powder
· ½ Cup Hershey’s Strawberry Syrup
· ½ Cup Beetroot Juice
· 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
• Wash and soak urad dal, fenugreek seeds and white/brown rice separately.
• Drain the water from urad dal and grind together with fenugreek seeds in wet grinder adding ¼ cup water only. Keep aside.
• Now grind the poha into a fine powder. Mix it with urad dal batter.
• Drain the water from the white/brown rice and grind the rice in the wet grinder. Add ½ - ¾ cup water while grinding.
• Mix all the batters together and add salt, mix again thoroughly. The dough should be thick in consistency.
• Keep the batter in a large bowl and allow it to ferment in warm place for 4-5 hrs.
• Once the batter is fermented, give a nice mix.
• Separate three equal parts of batter in separate bowls.
• In first part of batter, add little beetroot juice and strawberry syrup and mix well. Add rice flour if needed to thicken the batter.
• Divide the second part of batter in two bowls. In one bowl, add little beetroot juice and strawberry syrup and mix well. In another bowl, add chocolate syrup and cocoa powder and mix well.
• Make two cones from butter paper or take piping bags and fill separately the strawberry flavour batter in one and chocolate flavour batter in another and keep aside.
• Keep the third part of batter as it is.
• Heat water in idli steamer. Grease the idli plates with oil, put muslin cloth over mould.
• Pour the strawberry batter in idli mould and in another mould pour the white batter and keep idlis for steaming.
• Once the idlis are cooked about 75% (about 10 minutes), then using the piping bag batter make emoji’s on the idlis. On the white idlis, use the strawberry batter and on the strawberry idlis use the chocolate batter
• Wipe the idli steamer lid and put the idlis back to cook fully for about 5-10 minutes
• Remove the idlis, when slightly cool and serve