Welfare of cow & other stray animals, road accidents, crop damage, physical injuries etc. issue
Chandigarh ( Aditi) The Punjab state Human rights commission has sought report on some important issues. Commission Member Justice Ashutosh Mohunta and Avnish kaur has sid that this complaint has been filled by Sh. Avinash Rai Khanna, Former MP Rajay Sabha, stating that, non implementation of the different Guidelines of the Government of Punjab concerning welfare of cow & other stray animals, is causing road accidents, crop damage, physical injuries etc. The complainant requests to take action in the matter.
On consideration of the fact as mentioned in the complaint, this Commission, finding a prima facie case, takes cognizance of the matter and calls for a report from all Senior Superintendent of Police, Deputy Commissioner’s of Punjab and Principal Secretary Local Bodies Punjab, under Section 17(i) of the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993, positively, on the following points, before the next date of hearing.
Senior Superintendent of Police
- All Senior Superintendent of Police to report if a committee headed by a senior officer has been constituted in their district regarding stray cattle/animals.
- Steps taken in their district for prevention of life and livelihood from stray cattle.
- Whether any official committee been constituted in their district for stray cattle/animals. If yes, then report the names of officials and non-officials members of this committee and when the meeting where organized.
- Whether the cattle ponds been constructed on Government allocated land in their district.
Principal Secretary Local Bodies
- To report total number of stray cattle’s in Punjab.
- To report how many accidents have occurred due to stray cattle.
- To report total amount of cow cess collected so far and utilized.
- To report how many farmers and their livelihoods, till date, have been affected due to stray cattle.
A copy of the order, along with a copy of the complaint, be sent to the all Senior Superintendent of Police, Deputy Commissioner of State of Punjab and Principal Secretary Local Bodies, through E-mail and Fax, for compliance. Adjourned to 09.10.2020.